Google Translator

Friday, July 30, 2010

Smeagol Speaks

My father posted a comment that I felt should get its due in the proper form, so here he is.  Because I love ya poppy, I will bring you out and into the light.

Flying Monkey Out

Blogger Pops said...



I was referred to in this blog and would like to make a comment about that. I am the blogger's father and the Gollum character that cleaned the windshield of her car. Having been introduced, I want to say...Smeagol was a normal, fun-loving guy until he was captured by the ring of power. It became his obsession, his reason for living, his PRECIOUSSSSS.

Now I've never been exposed to rings of power forged in dark places...quite the contrary, I love the sun and the clear bright air we live in. So is it obsession to want to see it clearly through a car windshield? I will admit it wasn't MY car windshield, but I was driving it around San Jose and thought it would be best if I could see the stoplights and such..so I spent some time scraping away the layers of crud built up over the years. Please don't misunderstand...I don't want to sound critical when I say that the car owner's idea of maintenance was emptying the ashtray...also something she never got around to. I was not prepared for the reaction when she saw my handiwork...it was as though I had removed a protective coating meant to save her and her passengers from excessive solar radiation or the disturbing view of oncoming traffic. Well, I did it and I'm proud of it. Life is better lived with greater transparency...the antithesis of the poor Gollum, hiding in the dark.

And I do notice that she now shares this obsession in keeping her windshield somewhat transparent, so I should feel good that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. And she and Paul produced an apple who didn't fall far from their tree. I know when he gets older, cleaning windshields will be high on the list of things he enjoys doing...like going down in caves and playing with dinosaurs. This blogger and her family are my PRECIOUSSSS and I'll wash their windshields whenever its needed...even if it's not wanted.

Love ya all!

No comments:

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...