Google Translator

Sunday, April 3, 2011

In my time of need

Here is me at 45 years old, wild hair, glasses because I need them, a little more weight then I would like,  (Did I mention the wild hair?) but happy on most days.

As of late I have discovered that I am experiencing the beginning stages of "The Change".  That term sounds so much more like and alien invasion or a kind of body snatching then a hormonal readjustment.  I feel like I am too young for this whole part of life but apparently I am not.  For the most part I move through the day to day like I always have and it is only occasionally that I get hit with something that may temporarily knock me down.  Today was one of those days.

I felt great till about 3pm and then I got a horrible headache.  Max was being 6 and telling me how much he hates me for making him clean his room again, my husband is gone weekends because he is a musician, and all I could think about doing was lying down and clutching my head till it stopped hurting.  I am writing this for one reason, Max was extraordinary at the moment that I really needed him to be.  At 6 yrs old he was able to empathize with my discomfort and did whatever he could to help me out.  Oh yea, and he cleaned his room!

"Here mom, the duckie and doggie blankets always make me feel better.  You have to lie down and hold them near your head so that they will work."

If my head didn't hurt so bad I would have shed a tear. I did indeed lay down with the duckies and doggies and closed my eyes.  When I awoke, Max's room was clean and he was in the backyard playing with the dog.  If you have been following this blog then you might know about the ongoing battle of wills that is Max cleaning his room.  I was feeling better and the day continued on like any other with Max and the dog destroying all that is clean and unbroken.  You have to count your blessings where you can.  After dinner, I made Max a special treat because he was so great and helpful when I was feeling bad.  He was ecstatic at the rainbow cupcakes with white mountain icing and I was feeling good in every way.  I love everything about my 6 year old; his rockstar hair (think Big Time Rush.  If you have young kids you will know who they are), sense of humor, screaming as part of a conversation, imagination, breaking things for no reason whatsoever, inventions, invisible friend Zak, temper, changing his mind, intelligence, playfulness, thoughtfulness, and so much more that I just can't list it all.  Here is to all of the kids who amaze us daily.











Did you have a good time? Did you enjoy this post? Let me know and leave a comment. Share the post with your family and friends on your favorite social media or subscribe and help support Flying Monkeys. If you go to StumbleUpon using the icon on the right and click the “I Like it” button(it’s free), you help other people to discover Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys and that will help our little blog grow and our monkeys can keep doing what they do best - FLY. Thank you for all of your support. The Monkey Queen                             

2 comments:

k.somerville said...

This is an awesome post Renee. Max is a little rock star. Keep on keepin' on girl - I love ya!

Don't Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys! said...

@K. Crane: Big Fat Art Cloth
Thanks K. He certainly is full of surprises. Love ya back!

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...