Google Translator

Friday, January 6, 2012

Facile Friday - My Husband the genius


I would not say that I am a shameless self-promoter, mostly because this is all about my musician husband.

Paul is a musician and my completely unbiased opinion is that he is a top notch one.  He plays guitar (acoustic and electric), mandolin, banjo, harmonica, washboard and jug among others, as well as teaches individuals and groups to play these assorted instruments.  Since I have known him (we met when I was taking fingerpicking guitar lessons in 1999) I have seen him play just about every genre of music that I can think of; electric blues, disco, rock, funk, country blues, delta blues, Irish, bluegrass, folk, and on and on.  His true love is the blues, which I must say he does extremely well, and he specializes in that old time country blues that greats like Blind Blake, Charlie Patton, Son House, Mississippi Fred McDowell, Skip James, Mississippi John Hurt and too many others to name played before him.  Paul has played with some great musicians and often said that this was how he “was earning his masters degree”.   He played along side David "Honeyboy" Edwards for almost 20 years and was able to assimilate Honeyboy's 90 plus years of hard won experience and incorporate it into his own style.  

Paul has made a recent and deliberate foray onto YouTube and I really wanted to share it with all of you.  Of course and as always, I would love to hear what you think about what you see so leave a comment.  If you would like to find out more about what Paul does you can visit his website,www.Paulkayeblues.com, which is currently under construction so be sure to check back often for all of the new stuff that will be coming soon.

Without further ado……
I would like to introduce to you Paul Kaye and Blind Blake’s Police Dog Blues.




Keep your eye out for new videos on Paul's YouTube channel (subscribing is easy) that showcase what he does so well and remember that if you are ever looking for someone to fill your environment with cool music or want to learn how to play one of a variety of stringed instruments, Paul is a guitar for hire.  You can find contact information on his website.  www.Paulkayeblues.com










Did you have a good time? Did you enjoy this post? Let me know and leave a comment. Share the post with your family and friends on your favorite social media or subscribe with an email address and help other people to discover Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys, that will help our little blog grow and our monkeys can keep doing what they do best - FLY. Thank you for all of your support. The Monkey Queen                             

1 comment:

Nicholas said...

I love watching Paul Kaye’s playlist on youtube he’s really good in playing guitar and other instruments.


guitar tabs chords

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...