Google Translator

Friday, January 20, 2012

Facile Friday - Can I?

I Think I Can, I Think I Can, I Think I Can!

My son is 7 years old and has been asking to have his bed moved to ground level.  His way cool loft bed with a slide attachment has lost it's coolness and he wants down!
So I was thinking.....How hard can it be to build a bed?  With some storage?  A captain's bed maybe?  I am putting it out to the world that I, Monkey Queen, am going to build my son a captain's bed.  I am not a carpenter so it may not be a beautiful work of craftsmanship BUT it will be much cheaper than what I could buy in a store AND I will learn to build a captain's bed.

Now, I am looking at what I have that I do everyday and seeing where I can carve out some time to become Norm Abrahamson, master carpenter and I will need to learn to do some whiddling first.  My to do list looks like this:

1. Whiddle time to build the monkey's bed

Seriously, that is all I've got.
I know that it can be done because we did it with the giantic wooden fort that we put together a few years ago.  That was a project!  But then I think about my downstairs bathroom and I cringe because it is STILL a work in progress and we are going on 4 years.  Did I mention it is only 3 feet by 7 feet?

I am going to do this!  Even if it takes me 10 years!  The monkey can take it to college with him if I finish it by then.  STOP!  I need to think positively and believe I can do this.  Credendo Vides!! (By believeing, one sees)  I will visualize the completed project and shore that up with my deep belief that I can complete this in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks for listening and wish me luck.







Did you have a good time? Did you enjoy this post? Let me know and leave a comment. Share the post with your family and friends on your favorite social media or subscribe with an email address and help other people to discover Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys, that will help our little blog grow and our monkeys can keep doing what they do best - FLY. Thank you for all of your support. The Monkey Queen                             

No comments:

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...