Google Translator

Friday, March 25, 2011

Facile Friday - Forgetful

I seem to have forgotten to do something, but I can't  remember what it was.
Forgetful; adjective
Definition: Tending not to remember
Synonyms: absent-minded, abstracted, air-headed, mnemonic, amnesic, asleep on the job, bemused, careless, distracted, dreamy, heedless, inattentive, lax, like an absent minded professor, looking out a window, mooning, moony, neglectful, negligent, nirvanic, not on the job, oblivious, out of it, out to lunch, pipe dreaming, preoccupied, remiss, slack, sloppy, unmindful, unwitting, woolgathering. 
As found at Thesaurus.com

I am certainly not absent, as I am currently here, now absent-minded is a very good possibility but air-headed?  NO WAY!  Not air-headed.  If I had used a mnemonic I probably wouldn't have forgotten what I forgot in the first place.  As far as I recall I am not amnesic.  I must admit to being asleep on the job, as well as being a bit bemused and maybe careless.  Distracted yes, dreamy absolutely, heedless never, inattentive occasionally, lax nope.

Now I would like to discuss the word mooning.  What the heck is that doing in this list?  Isn't that when someone bares their unclothed buttocks?  My mooning can't have anything to do with why I seem to have forgotten something.  It could, however, explain why YOU forgot something.

Some of these other words are a bit odd too.  Nirvanic?  Woolgathering?  Nirvanic is pertaining to nirvana or heavenly. OK?  Is that like having your head in the clouds?  I am thinking that maybe I was woolgathering and that is why I forgot.  I thought that it referred to participating in hard, sweaty, backbreaking work that became a distraction but it is actually to indulge in fantasy.  Oh.  I guess that you may have to resort to that type of indulgence while wandering through thickets and brambles to gather small bits of wool that were pulled from sheep as they moved through the underbrush.

Now I remember what I forgot!!  I forgot to write my Facile Friday!  I was just a little nirvanic, sorry.







Did you have a good time? Did you enjoy this post? Let me know and leave a comment. Share the post with your family and friends on your favorite social media or subscribe and help support Flying Monkeys. If you go to StumbleUpon using the icon on the right and click the “I Like it” button(it’s free), you help other people to discover Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys and that will help our little blog grow and our monkeys can keep doing what they do best - FLY. Thank you for all of your support. The Monkey Queen                             

3 comments:

Merut said...

What about spooning? It sounds a lot like mooning? Maybe mooning leads to spooning. Wait! Oh crap, I forgot. Where am I? Thanks for adding some craziness to my morning.

Don't Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys! said...

@Merut
I would do a lot more mooning if it truly did lead to spooning. This calls for a bit of research. Excuse me while I call my husband away from the professional wrestling.

Unknown said...

In Hollywood, mooning and spooning is usually preceded by crooning. I would also imagine that one could sing while woolgathering and there will be hymns in Nirvana.
Sorry...what was I talking about??

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...