Google Translator

Friday, June 8, 2012

Facile Friday - Time Away


I love being away.

Away from work, away from home, away from chores and away from responsibility.  When money is tight, getting away can be one of the first things to get dropped off of the TO DO list and that can make everyone a little sad.  

Vacations don’t have to be a big ordeal; they just have to feel like one.  I have been on camping trips in the same town that I live in and it felt like a vacation just because we did it up with all the camp gear, friends and food.  My parents even came by to visit us at the camp site and roasted marshmallows, then they went home to their cozy and comfortable bed and we slept outside…perfect!

Our vacation this year is going to be a little different for me but it should be fun nonetheless.  I will be taking a workation.  I am attending a conference in a super spiffy resort with a GIANT waterpark and I am taking my family with me .  Now this means that I will be working during the day while the rest of the family plays and hopefully they won’t be completely beat when I am ready to play too.  This is certainly not my ideal vacation but you need to take the opportunities as they arise and I am sure that I will be happy as a pig in a peach orchard at the end of a long day when I can throw myself down a freakishly fast waterslide to decompress.  It will be nice to share an adrenalin adventure with Max again.  We recently enjoyed the carnival ride "The Zipper", well I guess that really I was the only one to enjoy it as it was happening but Max got over the trauma about 6 hours later.  I am just glad that I made him pee BEFORE he went on the ride.

Here is to adventure, however you find it and to everyone who may be taking a workation this year…try to pay attention as you sit in those boring meetings.  NO DAY DREAMING ABOUT DRINKS POOLSIDE!











Did you have a good time? Did you enjoy this post? Let me know and leave a comment. Share the post with your family and friends on your favorite social media or subscribe with an email address and help other people to discover Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys, that will help our little blog grow and our monkeys can keep doing what they do best - FLY. Thank you for all of your support. The Monkey Queen                             

No comments:

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...