Google Translator

Friday, June 21, 2013

Facile Friday - In the Summertime...

Cleaning up outdoors, planting grass seed and veggie gardens, baseball, riding bikes, and all that stuff we do when the weather turns warm.


I love the summer and look forward to it for most of the winter months.  Now it is here and I have so many things that I want to do and so little time.  I feel like I could take a 14 day vacation and fill it entirely with just the "around the house" stuff that needs to get done, but I want to have some fun too.

Every day I get home from work and park my car in the garage and duck under my kayak that hangs from the ceiling.  The other day I looked up at it and thought...Max is old enough to try this out, he might even like it.

I have been a water person for as long as I can remember.  I was in Mariner Scouts when I was younger (Girl Scouts on water) we had sailing lessons, white water rafting, canoeing and all manner of water sports that we participated in.  I wore one of these snappy little numbers on occasion.  I actually had the top of years after I graduated high school.



When I got older I did canoe marathons and the spent many years racing Hawaiian outrigger canoes in Northern California.  I worked for an adventure company for a few years teaching sea kayaking on Lake Michigan, running canoe trips to the Boundary Waters and rock climbing trips in Baraboo, WI..  Then I got serious.  I finished college, got my master's degree, got a REAL job, got married and had a baby all in about 5 years.  Whew!

I hung up my paddles for a while, with the exception of steering Dragon Boats for a local Dragon Boat Race/Festival.  It has been a long time since I put my butt in a boat of any kind and I am thinking that this summer I may have to dust of the touring kayak and get it in the water.  There is nothing like sitting on the surface of a lake and paddling your kayak down the shore just because you can.

I think that I have a mission for this summer, get the kayak in the water!  I need to get my soul soaking wet!!









Did you have a good time? Did you enjoy this post? Let me know and leave a comment. Share the post with your family and friends on your favorite social media or subscribe with an email address and help other people to discover Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys, that will help our little blog grow and our monkeys can keep doing what they do best - FLY. Thank you for all of your support. The Monkey Queen                             

No comments:

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...