Google Translator

Friday, October 4, 2013

Facile Friday - Back to the Grind

My son is like most kids in the world, they quite often need to learn by doing.  Sometimes their experimentation is an abject failure and hopefully, they learn, other times they succeed beyond even their expectations, and they learn more.

In our house, when you are struck with an idea that you MUST follow through with, we say that you have a wild hair.  Well, Max got a really wild hair and was determined to create his own hamburgers.  I was going to the store so he gave me a short list of things to pick up for him.  

I will be honest and say that I really wasn't in the mood to get into his "wild hair".  It was Sunday and I just wanted to be lazy, after I did all of the things that I have to do that is, but I also wanted to let Max chase his wild hair and see what happened.

The ingredient list looked like this...

Ground beef
Beef hot dogs
Bacon

I got everything that he asked for and the journey began.

First, he put the bacon in the freezer so that it would grind easier.  Yup, he was going to grind his own burger meat.  This just kept getting more exciting.  Next he chopped up the stiff bacon and hand mixed it in with some ground beef.

Next he put the hunk of bacon beef through the meat grinder.





Even raw, this is a tasty looking combination, I mean it is bacon.  Next Max started to cut up the all beef hot dogs and then he hand mixed them into some ground beef.  Whoa!  Really?  I have to admit that I was pretty skeptical that this combo would taste very good, but I was on a "wild hair" ride and had to stay on with my arms and legs inside the ride at all times.


Max ground 3 different burger combinations...

The double B pattie was B for beef and that was the beef and beef hot dogs.


The POW pattie is pig and cow, that is the beef and bacon mix.


Finally there was the Ultra pattie and that had everything in it.  With the patties all ground and formed, it was time to cook them up and Max had plans to do this by himself.


It was very funny to watch him try to be patient with the patties as they cooked slowly and deliberately. 


It got a little frustrating for him but he did well with the waiting.  "Can I turn them yet?"  "Can I turn them now?"  "Is it time yet?"  "Not yet Max."


And so he waited...


When all was said and done, he cooked perfect burgers that he ground himself and life was good.


Oven baked french fries and some cooked carrots made for the perfect meal.

The hot dog hamburger was surprisingly good and it was decided by all that it would be the perfect food for those of us who hate to have to choose between one or the other.  At our next barbecue we just might offer the double B burger and I am actually looking forward to Max's next wild hair.












Did you have a good time? Did you enjoy this post? Let me know and leave a comment. Share the post with your family and friends on your favorite social media or subscribe with an email address and help other people to discover Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys, that will help our little blog grow and our monkeys can keep doing what they do best - FLY. Thank you for all of your support. The Monkey Queen                             

No comments:

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...