Google Translator

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chocolate Love

I had a ton of walnuts left over from holiday baking and needed a chocolate fix.  I think this worked out just fine!
I had this recipe, though I don't remember where it came from, and I had made it once before a long time ago.  I remember that they were pretty tasty and used a whole cup of walnuts.  Since I had all of the ingredients.....




Cream together the butter and brown sugar in one bowl and mix together the dry ingredients in another.  The dry bowl will be a beautiful cocoa color and when the butter and brown sugar are well combined you can add the dry ingredients to the dry bowl.








Remember that I wanted to get rid of the last of my chopped walnuts, so I used a little extra just to empty the bag(about 1 1/4 cup).  I really like them with the extra nuts but it is more than the recipe called for.  When the nuts go in add the chocolate chips and chunks also.  This batter turned out really stiff so I had to add about 1 Tablespoon of water to loosen it up a bit and then it was fine.


I made medium sized cookies which was about a tablespoon of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet. 












This size cooked for about 15 minutes.  The will be melty feeling in the center and crunchy on the edges, this is perfect so pull them out and let them cool.




These two cookies didn't last very long, especially when I paired them with a big glass of frothy, ice cold milk.  Ahhhhh.  I can die happy now.  If you want the recipe you can print it here.

Love and be loved, Chocolate!

Monkey Queen

Did you have a good time? Did you enjoy this post? Let me know and leave a comment. Share the post with your family and friends on your favorite social media or subscribe and help support Flying Monkeys. If you go to StumbleUpon using the icon on the right and click the “I Like it” button(it’s free), you help other people to discover Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys and that will help our little blog grow and our monkeys can keep doing what they do best - FLY. Thank you for all of your support. The Monkey Queen                             

No comments:

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...