Google Translator

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bio Schmio!


Click on picture to read full article
 Hooray!  One more under my belt!

I completed another article for Demand Studio and got to make a little more money this time around.  I really had fun writing this and I learned a lot about avocados.  Thank goodness!

I will tell you though, I am having the hardest time writing my bio for this site.  I thought that I had it but alas, "missed it by this much"!  I am on my 4th rewrite and it is about me!  I suppose that writing about yourself is difficult because you need to find a way to be honest, tell them how good you are but don't brag and let some of your personality through.  I obviously haven't found my balance yet or as Paul said "You couldn't find your Bio-rhythm".

 Maybe something like...Known best as the author of "Don't Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys", Renee Foy is a popular writer of the 21st century, a Recreational Therapist and a part of the growing number of authors who can't write their own bios. Oh crap! 41 words! And just a wee bit exaggerated. Did I mention that you only have 35 words to do it in?  Maybe...

Renee is very comfortable writing about nuclear fusion, quantum mechanics, and Elmo.  She has been a professional writer for 2 weeks and thinks it is "pretty cool" so far.  29 words, good.  A slice of personality, good.  This one might work!

Well, they finally accepted a bio but it is pretty straight and, well......boring.  Oh well, I guess I have time to work on it.

2 comments:

k.somerville said...

great job Renee. I personally liked the smart-ass bio. It was funny and endearing.

Don't Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys! said...

I liked that one best too! I might see if I can get it past them at some point, but till then the white sauce bio will have to due.

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...