Google Translator

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Knock, Knock!

If you read this blog, you know that Max started playing baseball this year and he has taken to it like a duck to water.  You would never know it was his first year in little league.....or would you?




Baseball has taken over my life, not that I am complaining, but I have had the strangest conversations with my son lately.  A big part of playing baseball is all of the ups and extras like bats, gloves, balls, hats, t-shirts and baseball pants.  As Max practiced and played, we watched his commitment to the game grow and he earned those official baseball pants and a new pair of baseball shoes (really just sneakers that he wears for baseball.  no cleats this season) but there was one particular item that he really wanted.  In fact, if he was going to get to play catcher he HAD to have it.  An athletic cup.  Being a female of the species, I have never worn a "cup" to play anything but I will tell you that if I am playing catcher and I get hit in the whoozy whatzit, it is gonna hurt like hell!  Just to educate myself I did a little search for female groin protection and the only sport that uses them (as far as I can find) is the martial arts.  Girls need to protect their whoozy whatzit just like boys do!

Moving on....so Max and I went out to get him a cup.  Dad was working so I was on my own with this alien purchase.  We scoured stores and saw all kinds of cups.  We saw ones that look like underwear and some that are just those strap things.  Eeesh, the strapy ones are not asthetically pleasing at all!  We ended up getting one that sits nicely in a pair of compression shorts that look much like the underwear he wears daily.  He was pretty excited about the whole deal.

When we got home he just had to try them on and ...

"Mom!"  knock, knock, knock.

"Here, knock on it!"  knock, knock, knock.

"I think you are doing a great job already, so I am gonna pass.  Thanks."

"ROGER!  Knock on it!" knock, knock, knock.

By the way, Roger is our hound dog and as far as I know, hound dogs don't knock.

"This is the bomb!  I am gonna wear these all the time!" knock, knock, knock.

Max sat down on the couch to watch a little TV.  Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock.

"OK already!!  Enough with the knocking!  You can't wear those all the time."

"But why?"

"You will get horrible jock itch and all that knocking will become scratch, scratch, scratching."

"Really?"

"Yes, so go take them off.  You should only wear them when you are playing sports that require the use of a cup!  Then you won't get jock itch."

Was that wrong of me?  Really, the knocking was making me loopy.

One more thing...
Max had a baseball game on Tuesday and I actually had to remind him that he really needed to not be knocking on his cup at the game.  Do you know what he asked me?!

"Can I knock on it when no one is looking?  You know, kind of quietly to myself?"

How do you answer that kind of question??  "No knocking outside of the house!"  that was all I could come up with.  I have a feeling that when no one is paying attention he will sneak a couple of knock, knocks in and if it makes him happy I guess I can look the other way.  Boys!

Nice job of catching, kid with a cup!

Post Script:
Max got Player of the Game on Tuesday while playing in the pitching position.  That's my boy!!









Did you have a good time? Did you enjoy this post? Let me know and leave a comment. Share the post with your family and friends on your favorite social media or subscribe with an email address and help other people to discover Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys, that will help our little blog grow and our monkeys can keep doing what they do best - FLY. Thank you for all of your support. The Monkey Queen                             

No comments:

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...