Google Translator

Friday, January 18, 2013

Facile Friday - Under Pressure


I got a new toy for the holidays and decided that I wanted to take it out for a spin and see what it could do.



Can you guess what my toy is?  I wish it was a shiny new sports car but it is the next best thing...a 10 quart Fagor pressure cooker.  I had some pork spare ribs that were begging to take a steam in my new toy.  The recipe was nothing complicated; onions, garlic, 1/4 cup of water, Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce and 30 minutes from start to finish.

First I cut the ribs into 3-4 rib sections and browned them in the bottom of the pressure cooker with a little olive oil.  This would be the only opportunity to put color on the meat, so it was important to take the time to get some tasty brown bits on the pre-sauced product.




Saute some onions and a little garlic till translucent
Add in the ribs, sauce and water then put on the top and lock it tight.

Let the cooker come to pressure by turning heat up to high and waiting for this button to pop up like.....
This.  Time to turn the heat down and start the timer.  25 minutes and the ribs will be done.
There are a ton of safety features on pressure cookers now, unlike the explosive old timers.  My pressure got to high and suddenly a spout of steam came shooting out to lower the pressure.  I turned down the heat and all was well.
I put the ribs under the broiler for a minute or two to give them a bit more color and then....
It was time to eat!  can I say that in just about 30 minutes, we had ribs that were moist and falling off of the bone.  Just the way I like them.  I believe I am in love with my pressure cooker.  I wonder what else it can do?

I have a feeling that there is a lot of pressure cooking in my future.  Canning, chicken, pork, eggs, pasta, veggies, I can't wait to have a totally different kind of "quick weeknight meal".  If you don't have a pressure cooker, start saving your money!  They are safe and do amazing things quickly.  There has got to be a reason that the Iron Chefs have them going all over their kitchens.



 















Did you have a good time? Did you enjoy this post? Let me know and leave a comment. Share the post with your family and friends on your favorite social media or subscribe with an email address and help other people to discover Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys, that will help our little blog grow and our monkeys can keep doing what they do best - FLY. Thank you for all of your support. The Monkey Queen                             

No comments:

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...