Google Translator

Friday, August 2, 2013

Facile Friday - The weight of a reputation

What the heck is a maverick anyway?


I have been around for a few years and I know that I am NOT a motherless calf or unbranded range animal.  Hmmm, I guess that one might depend on how you define "branded".   Anyway, my boss made a reference to me being a maverick and now I need to determine if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

I found an article written in Time Magazine about the London School of Economics and Political Science and some research that they participated in regarding mavericks in the workplace.  They describe them as "the creative, independent thinkers who can be brilliant but troublesome".  I have been called a creative pain in the ass and that really sounds like the same thing to me.  I am thinking that this is totally me!  My question still stands, is maverickism a good thing or a bad thing?

The dictionary defines maverick as an unorthodox or independent-minded person, someone who does not go along with the rest of a group or party.  Here are some others that carry the maverick name.


I actually drove one of these when I was a teenager, it was orange and had the shifter on the steering column, boy did we have fun in that car.


This plane is part of the Maverick fleet, a company that flys tourists over the Grand Canyon to get a real bird's eye view.


This is James Garner playing Bret Maverick.  The show may have been in black and white but a good looking man is good looking in any color!



My favorite maverick has to be this one, the catnapper maverick glider power recliner.  When you are a maverick you have a powerful need to nap.

A maverick.  I guess it's ok, especially if I haven't been fired yet.  I am also in pretty good company with people like Galileo, Pocohontus, Molly Brown, Marlon Brando, James Dean, Patti Smith, Sir Richard Branson, Steve Jobs, and let's not forget John McCain.


 He's a maverick alright!  I wonder if there is a maverick club?  I would love to go and have a drink with some other creative pain in the ass types.

Did you have a good time? Did you enjoy this post? Let me know and leave a comment. Share the post with your family and friends on your favorite social media or subscribe with an email address and help other people to discover Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys, that will help our little blog grow and our monkeys can keep doing what they do best - FLY. Thank you for all of your support. The Monkey Queen                             

No comments:

Other Post to Check Out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...